Beck Ink 2016
WINE AND THE JOY OF LIVING GO HAND IN HAND
“Wine and the joy of living and pleasure all go hand in hand. We prefer wines which captivate all of our senses with each new bottle and each new sip” so says Judith Beck and it is impossible not to agree!
Judith is a sensational biodynamic producer and “Beck Ink” is a fantastic wine, medium-bodied with juicy fruits and a mineral depth. It is fermented in stainless steel and then spends 8 months in barrique which gives a lovely sweet spice flavour.
- Juicy & fruity
- Light to medium bodied
- Sour cherry & redcurrant
- Sweet spice
- Mineral depth
- No one should tell you what to eat with what wine, it is all down to personal preference, but if you'd like a steer on what this wine will taste particularly good with, we recommend:
GRAPES 80% Zweigelt and 20% St. Laurent
BIODYNAMIC SINCE 2007
Judith Beck runs her family’s estate in Gols on Lake Neusiedl in Burgenland, southeast of Austria. Her parents established the property in 1976, and she made her first vintage in 2001. Her father still helps with the vineyard work, and in 2007 they converted the estate to biodynamic viticulture. In this corner of Austria, where the climate is moderated by the lake, the focus is on red grapes: 85% of their vineyards are planted to zweigelt, blaufränkisch, saint laurent, merlot, and pinot noir, and the remaining 15% on welschriesling, pinot blanc, and chardonnay.
View full product details